In this tutorial, you will learn the following.
- How to create an android Gridview with Image, Text, and Description.
- Wrapping GridView items in a CardView. Adding SearchView in ToolBar/ActionBar.
- Adding Search/Filter to Gridview Adapter.
- Filtering GridView Items.
- Passing Clicked GridView to Another Activity. Displaying GridView Clicked Item in a new Activity.
Steps of creating android GridView with Searchview and onItemClickListener.
- Create new project => New => Project => Empty Activity => Name => Finish.
- Adding GridView to your activity. (activity_main.xml)
- Creating Model (ItemModel) to hold GridView items. (ItemsModel.java)
- Creating layout to display GridView Items. (row_items.xml)
- Adding Images to your drawable. (download them the link below)
- Adding Menu Resource Directory.
- Adding Menu Resource file for the SearchView. (menu.xml)
- Enabling GridView Search.
- Creating new Activity to display Clicked Items. (activity_view_items.xml)
- Adding ClickListener to GridView Items.
- Displaying Clicked GridView Items in the New Activity.
Download the project source code. https://github.com/larntech/android-gridview-with-search-filter.git
Run the project.
For additional help kindly comment below thanks.