In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to implement RecyclerView in android with search/filter and when you click an item in the list and new activity.
Recyclerview makes it easy to efficiently display a large set of data. You need to supply data and define how each item looks.
Recyclerview library dynamically creates the elements and how you want them to look.
In this tutorial, we are going to do the following.
- Create a android recyclerview that allows users to show/list items and search through the items.
- Create recyclerview that allows click listener, if the user clicks an item within the list a new activity will popup and display the name of clicked item.
- Create user model that will be our main source of data.
- Create an adapter that will allows us to display and filter user data.
- Create a layout file that allows us to set data that we want to display.
Check out the video explanation here.
Get source code for only $5 to support this platform.
If you have an additional question, Pls comment below.