In this tutorial, you will learn the following.
- How to create an android Grid Layout.
- How to change activity theme.
- How to add CardView to Grid Layout.
- How to set column count and row count in a grid layout.
- How to listen on click in a grid layout.
- Open new activity when the grid layout item is clicked.
Steps of creating android GridView with Searchview and onItemClickListener.
- Ceate new project => New => Project => Empty Activity => Name => Finish.
- Add a new theme for your activity main. (style.xml)
- Change the activity theme. (manifest.xml)
- Design grid layout. (activity_main.xml)
- Adding a card view support library. (gradle. build)
- Add Images download link below. (drawable folder)
- Adding onClickListener for glid layout items. (MainActivity.xml)
- Creating different activities to open when the grid layout item is clicked.
Project source code: https://github.com/larntech/grid-layout.git
Run your project now, Incase of additional help kindly comment below.