In this tutorial, you will learn the following.
- How to create an android recyclerview.
- How to add on click listener to android recyclerview.
- Open new activity when recyclerview item is clicked.
- How to add search view to android recyclerview.
- How to filter recyclerview items using search view.
Steps of creating an android recyclerview with onclicklistener and search filter.
- Create new project => New => Project => Empty Activity => Name => Finish.
- Add recyclerview library dependancy. (gradle.build)
- Changing default colors. (color.xml)
- Changing the default style. (style.xml)
- Creating background gradients. (drawable folder)
- Adding recyclerview to your activity. (activity_main.xml)
- Creating model class to hold your data. (UserModel.java)
- Creating an Adapter class to hold and filter your data. (UsersAdapter.java)
- Creating new activity to display the clicked recyclerview items. (activit_selected_user.xml)
- Creating menu.xml to handle show Search View. (menu.xml)
- Handle recycler view and search view. (MainActivity.java)
If you need additional help, kindly comment below or reach us through firstname.lastname@example.org
GET SOURCE CODE FOR ONLY $5