In this tutorial you will learn the following.
- How to add retrofit dependency in android .
- How to log retrofit request body and response body.
- How post user data to backend
Steps to Insert data to database using retrofit.
- Create a new project.
- Add retrofit dependency.
- Add HttpLoggingInterceptor to log request header and body.
- Create ApiClient which will return retrofit and user service.
- Create a UserRequest class that will handle the request body.
- Create a UserResponse class that will handle the response body.
- Create a layout with EditText where user data will be keyed in.
- Post and listen to retrofit response when data have been posted.
Check out the source code from my github account